BCAC Award Nomination
The BCAC Award for Excellence in Agriculture Leadership is designed to honour leaders in the agriculture industry who have exemplified personal values, performance and achievement in BC’s farm community. The award recognizes the high standards of conduct, leadership, integrity, innovation and accomplishment within the agriculture and agri-food sector.
Please submit a copy of the complete nomination package by September 10, 2021. Each nomination package must include the following items:
- A completed copy of the nomination form.
- An outline describing how the candidate meets the criteria for the award (300 words or less).
- Not more than five supporting documents. These can include letters of support, testimonials or documented information.
SUBMIT VIA EMAIL: email@example.com
The award is open to agricultural producers that are operating a farm or a person that represents a farm organization in BC. This includes owner-operators of farms; managers of cooperative partnerships and corporate farms; part or full-time farmers in any field of agricultural production.
A farmer that successfully advances leadership in agriculture and/or the future of agriculture in BC and who:
- Demonstrates outstanding communication and advocacy skills.
- Exhibits the highest levels of professionalism, performance, innovation, judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- Individual achievement; commitment, dedication, initiative and persistence, communications with large number of farmers.
- Is successful in his/her farm operation.
- Encourages personal development, partnerships, collaboration, and respect.
- Serves as a role model, mentor, diplomat, and inspiration and,
- Where efforts and commitments have made a significant positive impact on for his sector and or the agriculture and agri-food industry.
Candidates will be evaluated in four areas:
- Contributions to agriculture - impact of achievements on agriculture
- Contributions to the community; and
- Provincial or national recognition, and
- Standards of leadership, integrity, accomplishment, and performance.
- The selection committee will be appointed by the BCAC Board of Directors.
- When evaluating nominations, the Selection Committee will be guided by, but not limited to, the criteria as listed in the Criteria for Evaluation above.
PRESENTATION AND PUBLICITY
- The winner will be notified in advance of the presentation but will be asked to keep the decision confidential until the formal presentation is made.
- The presentation will occur in January at the BC Agri-Food Industry Gala.
- The winner will receive a personalized trophy.
- BCAC will publicize the winner through media relations activities and advertising as deemed appropriate.