AG DAY IN VICTORIA
BC Agriculture Council's annual advocacy event, Ag Day in Victoria, took place on October 25, 2022. B.C. farmers and ranchers travelled from across the province for the first time in three years to emphasize their commitment to bringing healthy and quality food and plants to the homes of British Columbians. 60 farmers, ranchers and agricultural representatives connected with Cabinet Ministers, MLAs and key government staff. 33 meetings were held, including meetings with:
- Hon. Lana Popham, Minister of Agriculture, Food & Fisheries
- Hon. Mike Farnworth, Minister of Public Safety
- Hon. George Heyman, Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
- Hon. Ravi Kahlon, Minister of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation
- Hon. Katrine Conroy, Minister of Forests
- Hon. Lisa Beare, Minister of Citzens' Services
2022 discussions focused on rising input costs, farm classification, environment and climate change, and trespassing on farmland. Read more about our key priorites in our leave behind brochure.
View the Ministers' statement on Ag Day here.
Read our news release here
Below are photos from the 2022 meetings and reception. If you would like a copy of any of the images, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the photo number(s) found on the bottom right when you click on the image.