WORK WITH US
Do you want to be part of shaping British Columbia's essential agriculture sector? Join our team!
BC Agriculture Council (BCAC) is the lead industry advocate for key sector-wide priorities in British Columbia. Our mission is to grow a strong, sustainable, and competitive agriculture sector through building industry consensus and advancing public policy. We achieve this by delivering a unified voice for the sector to government through our member farm associations that in turn, represent approximately 96% of provincial farm gate sales in B.C.
DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Location: Abbotsford, B.C.
Industry: Agriculture, Not for Profit
Hours: Full-time, permanent
Starting Date: June 1, 2023
We are seeking a flexible and focused Digital Communications Coordinator to join our Abbotsford office. The Digital Communications Coordinator contributes to BCAC’s impact by supporting the Manager of Communications to implement communications and marketing initiatives. The Digital Communications Coordinator is primarily responsible for performing a variety of duties to support and grow the BCAC’s digital presence including design, social media, emails, website, and video. This position also supports BCAC’s programs, committees, and event coordination.
Candidate qualifications and qualities:
- You are experienced in digital communications and/or have equivalent related education
- You are comfortable creating, curating, and scheduling social media content
- You are proficient in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, WordPress, Canva, MailChimp and more
- You conscientiously pay keen attention to detail while keeping the big picture in balance
- You are experienced working under time pressures while managing competing priorities
- You understand how to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, multi-stakeholder environment
- You are a strong communicator, both attentive in listening and articulate in conveying ideas to others
- You contribute to a positive work environment with your can-do attitude and problem-solving
- You have an interest in supporting the success of British Columbia’s farmers and ranchers
Are you who we are looking for?
If this sounds like you, the preferred application process is to forward a resume and detailed cover letter outlining your pertinent qualities and qualifications to Anna Marie White.
We thank all applicants for considering BCAC for employment. Please note:
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews
- Short-listed candidates may undergo verification of their education credentials, as required
- Remote work may be possible for this position but in-office is is required at this time
Start date: June 1, 2023
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Posting Date: April 2023
BCAC strives to create an inclusive and motivating workplace that provides an environment where staff feel safe, supported, committed and connected to their work. BCAC promotes acceptance, is committed to diversity, and requires respect for dignity and the interests of others, including work-life balance for staff. BCAC strives to integrate these principles into its hiring practices, talent development, office culture and human resource policies. Learn more about BCAC at bcac.ca