WORK WITH US
Do you want to be part of shaping British Columbia's essential agriculture sector? Join our team!
BC Agriculture Council (BCAC) is the lead industry advocate for key sector-wide priorities in British Columbia. Our mission is to grow a strong, sustainable, and competitive agriculture sector through building industry consensus and advancing public policy. We achieve this by delivering a unified voice for the sector to government through our member farm associations that in turn, represent approximately 96% of provincial farm gate sales in B.C.
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Industry: Agriculture, Not for Profit
Hours: Full-time, permanent
Starting Date: February 2023
We are seeking a pro-active and conscientious Administrative Assistant to join our Abbotsford office. The Administrative Assistant contributes to BCAC’s impact by supporting the day-to-day administrative processes of the organization. The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for telephone calls and office guests, they process Farmer ID card applications, are responsible for office supplies, assist with organizing meetings, and support BCAC’s committees in their work, including the BC Young Farmers committee.
Candidate qualifications and qualities:
- You have an interest in supporting the success of British Columbia’s farmers and ranchers
- You exhibit a high level of professionalism, evidenced by discretion, sound judgement, and diplomacy
- You are proficient in MS Office applications with demonstrable skills in Excel and Word
- You are experienced working under time pressures while managing competing priorities. You understand how to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder environment
- You are a strong communicator, both attentive in listening and articulate in conveying ideas to others
- Your organization skills include a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a dynamic environment, handling multiple priorities to deliver results
- You excel at client care and supporting others respectfully and efficiently
- You contribute to a positive work environment with your can-do attitude and highly developed people skills
- You pay keen attention to detail while keeping the big picture in balance
- You are experienced in office administration and reception or possess equivalent education and experience
Are you who we are looking for?
If this sounds like you, the preferred application process is to forward a resume and cover letter outlining your pertinent qualities and qualifications to Anna White. Please do not send applications directly to BCAC.
We thank all applicants for considering BCAC for employment. Please note:
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Short-listed candidates may undergo verification of their education credentials, as required.
- Remote work may be possible for this position but in-office is is required at this time.
Start date: February 2023
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Posting Date: December, 2022
BCAC strives to create an inclusive and motivating workplace that provides an environment where staff feel safe, supported, committed and connected to their work. BCAC promotes acceptance, is committed to diversity, and requires respect for dignity and the interests of others, including work-life balance for staff. BCAC strives to integrate these principles into its hiring practices, talent development, office culture and human resource policies. Learn more about BCAC at bcac.ca