Resources for BC Producers
The following online resources are available to B.C. farmers and ranchers as well as other members of the agriculture industry. Their purpose is to help expand your knowledge on food and farming and can be useful to share with friends, family and fellow consumers.
For more information about our learning opportunities, check out our workshops page.
Sharing your story: How to have effective conversations with the public
Featuring: Andrew Campbell, Fresh Air Media
In this webinar, you will:
- See 2020 data on BC residents’ top concerns about agriculture and food
- Learn how to communicate with shared values and respond to difficult interactions
- Hear expert tips to engage BC consumers and promote your farm/industry on social media
Opening Farm Gates: Hosting Farm Tours
Featuring: Clinton Monchuk, Farm and Food Care Saskatchewan
This session offers tips to producers for hosting farm tours with non-farming consumers.
- The planning and logistics of hosting a farm tour
- Knowing your audience and how to simplify your message
- Setting up hands on activities
- Conversation etiquette, tour do’s and don’ts, and question & answer techniques
BCAC is excited to share the findings of our 2021 consumer research. The results show that BC residents continue to have very positive perceptions of B.C. farmers, and place high importance on many food systems issues.