Learning opportunities for BC Producers
BC Agriculture Council (BCAC) is pleased to offer a training program for B.C. farmers and ranchers with the objective to improve producers’ skills and confidence when engaging with the public about agriculture and food topics.
In 2020, CHAT Communications Workshops will be offered in a virtual format in collaboration with our member associations.
For more information on booking a CHAT Workshop contact Becky Parker.
Resources for BC Producers
List of Agriculture Resources
This list contains online resources which may be helpful for B.C. farmers and ranchers, as well as other members of the agriculture industry. These resources can help expand your own knowledge about food and farming and are also useful websites to share with friends, family and consumers.
Sharing your story: How to have effective conversations with the public
Featuring: Andrew Campbell, Fresh Air Media
In this webinar, you will:
- See 2020 data on BC residents’ top concerns about agriculture and food
- Learn how to communicate with shared values and respond to difficult interactions
- Hear expert tips to engage BC consumers and promote your farm/industry on social media
Opening Farm Gates: Hosting Farm Tours
Featuring: Clinton Monchuk, Farm and Food Care Saskatchewan
This session offers tips to producers for hosting farm tours with non-farming consumers.
- The planning and logistics of hosting a farm tour
- Knowing your audience and how to simplify your message
- Setting up hands on activities
- Conversation etiquette, tour do’s and don’ts, and question & answer techniques