Helping B.C.'s Food System Earn Trust
Consumers are more interested in how their food is grown, processed and brought to market than ever before. BCAC is leading an industry collaboration to bridge information gaps, understand and address concerns, and strengthen confidence between consumers and BC’s land and ocean-based producers.
- Increase public knowledge and confidence in BC agriculture/food system
- Improve producer confidence to engage with consumers
- Increase consumer awareness and confidence of industry standards and assurance systems in BC agriculture and food sector
- Host farm tours with chefs, educators and health professionals
- Offer producer training sessions (CHAT Communications Workshops)
- Engage consumers with agri-food information through We Heart Local BC
- Research to gauge BC consumer views of the BC food system and farmers
- Highlight BC producers who are leaders in their industry by simply 'doing the right things'
To discover what producer learning opportunities we currently offer, click the button below.
SUCCESS STORIES: B.C. FARM TOURS
Through We Heart Local (WHL) BC, BCAC has offered a number of farm tours throughout the province. These tours target audiences such as chefs, health professionals and educators. Visiting farms highlights the work that BC farmers do every day to produce safe, affordable food.