Helping B.C.'s Food System Earn Trust
Consumers are more interested in how their food is grown, processed and brought to market than ever before. BCAC is leading an industry collaboration to bridge information gaps, understand and address concerns, and build trust between consumers and BC’s land and ocean-based producers.
- Measure current activities of public trust within BCAC membership associations
- Communicate 'best practices' of transparency and continuous improvement of agricultural practices across the sector
- Establish coordinated communication channels that facilitate two-way discussions in two priority areas: within the industry and with consumers.
- Host farm tours with chefs and food influencers
- Offer producer training sessions (SpeakUp!, How to Host a Farm Tour)
- Engage consumers with agri-food information through We Heart Local BC
- Share current activities and industry best practices through ‘Hub’ meetings with industry stakeholders
- Research to gauge BC consumer views of the BC food system and farmers
- Highlight BC producers who are leaders in their industry by simply 'doing the right things'
To discover what producer learning opportunities we currently offer, click the button below.